Enjoy smooth sailing across land and sea for your business
If your business takes you across the seas, you’ll be exposed to risks from mother nature, misadventure and even piracy.
Such risks can prevent your commercial vessel, cargo or pleasure craft from reaching its destination, or cause costly damage during the voyage. You’ll also need to navigate a range of domestic, international and maritime laws.
Marine Insurance refers a range of insurance products which help protect your business from loss or damage to vessels and cargo. It can cover the door to door delivery of goods worldwide, by sea, road, rail and air – including their storage on the way.
Who should consider it?
Marine insurance is important for businesses involved in shipping or receiving goods, operating watercraft commercially, repairing vessels, running a marina and more.
Marine insurance can provide valuable cover on both land and sea for:
- Freight forwarders
- Importers and exporters
- Marina owners
- Mining companies
- Primary producers
- Tourism operators
What can it cover?
There are different types of marine-related insurance policies – the type you choose will vary based on your specific needs. Depending on the type of policy you choose, marine insurance policies can cover:
- Goods transported by sea, air, rail or road from collection point to delivery
- Marina operators, yacht clubs, ship repairers, port authorities and other marine service providers against third-party injury and property damage
- Loss or liability for commercial vessel operators, such as charter or tourist boats, fishing vessels, tugs or barges
- Trucking or logistics companies who transport goods within Australia
- Pleasure crafts, such as yachts or cruisers for accidental damage, theft, sinking, property damage and even third-party injury for water skiers.
Product Disclosure Statement
A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is available for Marine Insurance and can be obtained from Palandri Insurances.
You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Marine insurance.
Speak to Palandri Insurances
Calculating the amount of cover you’ll need can be complex, so it’s important to seek advice to help you get it right.
Steadfast insurance brokers are part of the largest general insurance broker network in Australasia, with specialists who can help you with your home and contents insurance needs.
Health Insurance Information
Find out how to gain access to great value health cover including a corporate discount.