Cover your rental property and its contents against a range of risks
If you own a rental property, you’re vulnerable to the same risks of any homeowner, such as storms, floods and fire. You’re also vulnerable to damage that tenants can do to your contents. And if you can’t rent out your property while it’s being repaired or if your tenants break the lease or leave owing you rent, you could also lose valuable rental income.
That’s why it pays to have landlord insurance, which is designed especially to protect owners of investment properties.
Who should consider it?
If you’re one of the 2.6 million Australians who own an investment property, you should consider taking out landlord insurance to protect your investment and the income it provides.
As well as long term leases, Landlord Insurance policies may also cover short term holiday rentals or holiday homes, such as approved Airbnb and Stayz residences.
What can it cover?
The cover you’ll receive depends on the policy that you take out, but your landlord insurance policy may include:
- Automatic cover for flood, fire or explosion
- Liability cover for injury or loss of life to a third party or their property
- Cover for to landlord’s contents – like carpets, curtains, washing machines and ovens
- Catastrophe cover
- The option to cover loss of rent
- Loss or damage caused by tenants or their visitors
- Electric motor burnout
- Tax audit cover (up to $5,000)
- Extra cover for demolition and debris removal
Types of Cover
- Listed Events provides comprehensive cover for the same series of listed events but with flexibility and higher limits of cover for your home and contents.
- The most comprehensive level of protection for your home and/or contents that are accidentally destroyed, lost or damaged with higher limits on all additional covers and benefits
Product Disclosure Statement
A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is available for Landlords Insurance and can be obtained from Palandri Insurances.
You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Landlords insurance.
Speak to Palandri Insurances
Calculating the amount of cover you’ll need can be complex, so it’s important to seek advice to help you get it right.
Steadfast insurance brokers are part of the largest general insurance broker network in Australasia, with specialists who can help you with your home and contents insurance needs.
Health Insurance Information
Find out how to gain access to great value health cover including a corporate discount.